Thursday, May 26, 2005

Congrat-a-tat-tat

My sister graduated from college last weekend. I've been too lazy to put the victory photo on the computer, but take it from me, it happened. She also won a number of awards, including Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude.

In honor of my sister, I made my first pilgrimage to Saratoga Springs (motto: Health, History, Horses). Nice town in a beautiful part of upstate New York, but two days was all I needed. After living on the West Coast, I don't see the New England allure of eating in restaurants and staying in hotels that are full of old lady furniture and feel like a nursing home.

However, I did take a dip in the soothing homeopathic Saratoga Spring water at the Roosevelt Spa. Very cool -- they give you a room to yourself, and then pump in this carbonated spring water (at a chilly, natural 52 degrees). Then hot water is added and you lie down in a deep tub for a half hour. Bubbles climbed all over my body - I literally felt like a cork. They call the water "nature's champagne," and I kind of agree, but only if you like champagne that's murky brown in color and devoid of alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home