Sunday, November 06, 2005

Updikealicious

I've never particularly cared for John Updike's work (which, admittedly, is limited to reviews and fiction I've read in the New Yorker). But his review of the new Gabriel Garcia Marquez novella is easily the best book review I've ever read.

Weirdly, it may be too good -- I don't feel much need to read the book anymore. Could it be anything other than a letdown after Updike's review? Plus, the book is only 115 pages long--it seems unlikely that anything important was not included in the review. (Double negative problem with that last line, but if you read it again it makes sense.)

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

dude, didn't really like Elsie by Starlight. I'm willing to give the rabbit books a shot though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home