Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cause and Effect

I have not shaved my face since Thanksgiving Week, 2005. Why not? It's a little chilly and the beard keeps me psychologically warmer; it masks the holiday jowls; it makes me look more intellectual (especially when paired with glasses and my public radio sweatshirt!).

However, since my beard has become full and not just facial fuzz (let's call it 12/1), the Washington Redskins have gone undefeated. Thus, annoying wife and employer alike, I will continue not to shave until the Redskins are defeated!

I realize there have been a lot of Redskins postings lately, but they don't make the playoffs often so you'll just have to deal. At least you won't witness what happened when we broke into a chest paint store back in 2000 (as published in USA Today and Sports Illustrated).

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't decided yet if i will be rooting for your destruction this weekend, or just be indifferent. I am still in jubilation from my LONGHORNS victory, so i have less sports hatred in my veins.

By the way, I think you do well with the beard look. Notre Dame mascots everywhere are proud of you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home