Wednesday, August 11, 2004

2 year anniversary

I got Otis 2 years ago to the day. He's officially the best dog in the universe. He volunteers licking sick and old people, he can fetch his own leash, he never poops in the house, and he's obviously quite handsome. Thanks to the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society for letting me have him. (Although they called him "Sport," the dumbest name in the universe.)

Breaking news on dog year conversion! No longer are dog years equal to human years times seven. It's much more complicated.

When a dog is:
1 in human years, he is 15 in dog years
2 in human years, he is 24 in dog years
For each additional human year, add four dog years.

Not earth-shattering news, but it made Otis, who is 3 and a half in human years, jump from 24 years old to 30 years old in dog years. In other words, he's now older than me.

The dynamic between us has changed dramatically.

7 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That math has me completely bamboozled. Darn this "anonymous posting".. I may have to get a blogger account just so that I don't appear all.. "anonymous" and crap.

--soce, the elemental wizard

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger soce said...

There. I just got my own blog so that this kind of crap won't happen any more. Are you happy now, Matt? ARE YOU HAPPY????

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

very very very very happy!!!!!

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out when Otis starts hard-punching your shoulder, or making fun of the dates you bring home. From there, it's all down hill... till he's stuck with a dead-end job and a 2nd mortgage.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Trying to get intouch with Matt. I am a writer in NYC coming to SanFrancisco for a reading,about a book I write on the underground modeling world. I would like to invite you to it. Matt, I am having a hard time contacting you through your website, I first heard of you from a book called PINDELDYBOZ.. you wrote a story about HOT PANTS, I loved it before I even knew you wrote it....Please contact me through my website

www.isobelladreams.com

Bring your wife, bring your friends, and the dog...and your bobsled... email me

isobellajade03@yahoo.com

thank you

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Matt.. Matt...I would like to invite you to a reading I am doing in SanFrancisco. PLEASE contact me MATT I am having a hard time emailing you directly.
www.isobelladreams.com

isobellajade03@yahoo.com

I would like to send a press kit and info about my reading, which is taking place at the Apple Store in soho..

Thanks
isobella

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Trying to get intouch with Matt. I am a writer in NYC coming to SanFrancisco for a reading,about a book I write on the underground modeling world. I would like to invite you to it. Matt, I am having a hard time contacting you through your website, I first heard of you from a book called PINDELDYBOZ.. you wrote a story about HOT PANTS, I loved it before I even knew you wrote it....Please contact me through my website

www.isobelladreams.com

Bring your wife, bring your friends, and the dog...and your bobsled... email me

isobellajade03@yahoo.com

thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home