Saturday, October 23, 2004

Pressing Issues

Anybody see Castro break his knee? Crazy stuff--it looks like he went heavy on the Havana Club that day. Fortunately he's a tough, Cohiba-fortified bastard, so don't worry commie-haters, you'll still have your posterboy for a while yet.

Also, the new Britney Spears version of "My Prerogative" has been getting heavy rotation at the 24 Hour Fitness on Market Street. For those of you not in the know, my car stereo was stolen six months ago, so the only place I hear new music is at the gym. Had I known I'd be hearing Britney's remake so frequently, however, I would have boycotted the gym this week.

Britney Spears has managed to take one of the top twenty songs of my lifetime and make it absolutely horrendous. The girl has less soul than a decades-old twinkie, and all the energy of this rump-shaker of a song dies in her feeble, robotic delivery. It's disgusting to think that an entire generation of kids will grow up thinking that this classic tune originated from the vacuous Britney Spears--and the same group of kids won't be able to pick Bobby Brown out of a lineup. Which they very well might have to do some day, given his arrest record.


1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger soce said...

Ha ha!! Any Britney-dissing is always funny and appreciated. I know she works very hard, but she's in a positioned to be made fun-of, and she KNOWS it.

yours,
socetew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home