Monday, November 14, 2005

10 mph


To get to and from yesterday's Raiders game, I spent four hours in the car. About an hour to pick everybody up and get to the stadium, then forty minutes waiting in line to find out the main lot was full (at 9:45 am!). The Bay Bridge was backed up to a ludicrous extent on the way back, no thanks to the Metallica/Rolling Stones concert at PacBell/SBC/AT&T Park, lots of angry Raiders fans, and general East Bay suckiness.

Forty miles in four hours for a mediocre game. That's enough to make my brother throw up on Market Street (which he did, but we think it was something he ate rather than the traffic).

At least Randy caught one in the end zone. Fire Norv Turner!

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't miss the Bay Area so much. I can't stand traffic jams.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me you watched the monday night game dude!!!!

It was the cowboys-redskins monday night game all over again, but this time with much more ROUCK!!!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

it was a great game, except now the redskins are in third place!

gotta love living out west -- the game was over at 9. I can't believe I used to stay up until midnight watching stupid sports.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

I was at the Rolling Stones show at SBC Park last Sunday, but I walked there so I was not part of the traffic problem you experienced. Anyway, rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home