Sunday, January 08, 2006

Adios Amazon

Buy.com has a new promotion (at least new to me) -- all books are 10% BELOW Amazon pricing. So 10% off 30% off means you save yourself a coupla bucks and don't have to deal with going to a stupid store.

Case in point -- my grandmother kindly gave me a Borders gift certificate for Christmas. Blindly excited by free cash, I got in the car, drove half an hour through traffic, found a parking spot, ran in through the rain, and asked two dumb employees if they had the book I wanted. Despite being a top seller, nobody had heard heard of it, and it turned out they didn't have it in stock anyway.

I ended up going home and buying the book online. So stupid!

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

could be dude, and people tend to overhype competent writing that deals with interracial relationships. but I really liked White Teeth, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll let you know later on if it soucked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home