Thursday, March 17, 2005

Luck of the Irish

Just got back from the opthalmologist. Verdict - NO GLAUCOMA!

There is little in life as joyful as learning one does not have a disease. I felt fabulous. My $10 co-pay was the best ten bucks I've spent since that hooker down in Tijuana back in '99. (just kidding mom!)

Also of note, I got some cool digital printouts of my eye. Apparently my optic nerve is about twice as large as normal, which can be an indicator of glaucoma. However, for me it's a byproduct of extreme myopia (we're called "myopes" in opthalmology slang). No skin off my back; I've been told I have a lotta nerve for years. ha!

Riding my high, I bought a lottery ticket on the way to work. Hey, it's St. Paddy's Day - of all days to push my luck, this is it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home