Monday, September 26, 2005

20% More Viewing Power!

After a late night of sushi and cocktails on Saturday evening, I returned home and watched a little cool-down television. A little tipsy, I flipped through the channels, from Fox, to Kron4, to CBS, to ABC, to PBS. Generally, that's the end of my universe; those are all the channels I get. Maybe it was the booze, maybe I was feeling a little crazy. But instead of flipping back down, I went up into no man's land.

What a shock: for the first time in my life, NBC11 was reasonably visible. Some static, some fuzz, but entirely watchable.

In San Francisco, as many of you know, NBC11 is not visible on regular noncable television. As such, I haven't watched NBC in three years--and aside from The Apprentice, Olympics, and Conan, haven't missed a thing. Let's face it, if there's a channel not to have, it's NBC. No sports, no go-to shows, only (on a regular basis) Conan, and I don't stay up that late very much.

What will happen? Will NBC revitalize my flagging interest in television or will it be swept into the dustbin of history? Stay tuned for more...

4 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

dude tough for me to say as I haven't seen Conan in three years. but letterman's pretty rouckin, plus the amazing race and seinfeld reruns. other than that, TV is a huge waste of time.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

also if they bring back the cosby show im in

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ever since NBC left KRON, everyone's lost their Must-See Thursday mix.

I don't think you're missing much, unless you want to sit around and see how crappy "Saturday Night Live" is!

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog...i have a blog about unused car parts at discount rates...check it out...oh wait, wrong kind of comment

No cable would be awesome - no more spouse-forced watching of Home and Garden Television.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home