Monday, September 19, 2005

The Worst Place to Be During an Earthquake

Has gotta be the shower. I was thinking about this last night -- where else are you more vulnerable? You're naked, you're on a slippery surface, you're not really paying attention -- if the house collapses you're screwed. Plus, who wants shampoo still in their hair for days to come? That's a fashion faux pas if I've ever heard one.

With Katrina going down the way it has, thoughts in the Bay Area have turned to earthquake preparedness. I did my part by picking up a crowbar yesterday (and amusing the clerk at the hardware store by saying "I can't wait to find those punk kids!"), presumably to peel my way through debris. A three-day supply of water and plenty of hard tack will be stockpiled in the near future.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

There was an article on Yahoo! News about how messed up the California levee system is...in fact there have been levee breaks even during good weather. We're screwed in more ways than one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home