Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Mistake!

George Bush today took responsibility for the post-Katrina blunders by the federales.

Honestly, this is tough to believe. This is a guy who said last year that he hadn't made a mistake since 9/11, even as Iraq was getting worse and worse and Abu Ghraib was getting more and more disgusting.

So I guess this is a good first step -- better late then never applies to accountability too. Now let's talk about the tax code and Iraq, George -- made any mistakes there lately? And what about solutions?

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

I don't know why I just can't shake the feeling that this "I take responsibility" thing seems a little insincere. Maybe it's just me.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

that's my gut reaction too. but when the guy finally does something decent, even if he doesn't mean it (and there's no way to tell), I think we have to applaud it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home