Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What the Flip?

Lots of people outside of the Bay Area aren't familiar with Burning Man. Now that I've gone, I have a lot of trouble describing it myself (other than to say it's like living in Mad Max/the California Love video/a Dali painting for a few days).

I'm tackling the problem in three ways.

One - I'm pawning you off to the SF Chronicle's very thorough site, which includes some fabulous video and images.

Two - I'll post some pictures later on, just as soon as Walgreen's gets done processing my disposable cameras.

Three - I'll throw in a few anecdotes about my favorite moments periodically. The funniest moment came at 3 a.m. when I was watching a very serious pole dancing routine performed by a 40-year-old couple. The crowd was very somber and respectful -- until a guy in an inflatable fat suit charged the stage, bounced the serious dancers off, and proceeded to pole dance himself. The suit soon deflated, but the guy was AWESOME!

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

You have to enjoy the random Tupac reference. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home