Friday, October 07, 2005

Federal Employee of the Century

Rosemary Hardy of the EPA has today returned one voicemail and three emails after I called her out of the blue this morning. Rosemary, thanks to your hard work, today I will distrust the government a little less than usual!

ps. Bill Clinton would be my Federal Administrator of the century, of course, but I didn't feel right calling Bill an employee. Not that there's anything wrong with being an employee, Rosemary (I mean, I'm an employee, unfortunately), but Bill did get at least 50 million more votes than you nationwide.

pps. Did you read the first paragraph of Bill Clinton's bio in that link above? (Bonus points if you find the typo.)

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare roles. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.

Dear God, man, how could anybody not vote for Democrats with that kind of track record?!?!

(Answering my own question and preempting Steve's response: fear, greed and religion.)

6 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great website. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...I was in New Orleans from Friday to Sunday in a big relief effort organized by, yes, the crazy Mormon church.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

I tip my hat to your New Orleans work. That's awesome.

But nobody's found that typo!!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Welfare rolls."

Leave it to someone who grades papers for a living.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

nicely done! caroline, you were my pick from the beginning to find it and you didn't let me down.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Matt, it's actually Len here (the other, less caffeinated pepper). I love the point, though, that Caroline would be the most likely person to have caught that typo! I'm just glad I beat her to it.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is why Len and I get along so well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home