Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dolly P and the Double Ds


Dolly Parton put on a free show in Golden Gate Park today. I'll be the first to admit that I know exactly one Dolly Parton song (I Will Always Love You, much more famously sung by your favorite crackhead, Whitney Houston). I didn't realize that Dolly did "Working 9 to 5" as well as a bunch of other songs that I can't remember but sound pretty familiar when she gets on stage. Anyway, the show was pretty cool--Dolly came out in a green sequined gown, performed a track on a rhinestone-studded dulcimer, and pretty much played the part of giggly all-American girl. Looking very nice for 59 too!

Lots of free events in San Francisco lately might make one believe that we're the land of milk and honey. Don't forget that my rent is about twice as much as the national average. You gotta pay to play this game, bro!

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy mackerel, where did you find that picture?

One of my friends called me from the festival to say she stood for five hours just to see Ms. Parton. 9 to 5, bay-bee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home