Monday, February 27, 2006

Southeast Asia Adventure

Temples (wats) at the Royal Palace in Bangkok.

The Erawan Shrine in downtown Bangkok. One of my favorite wats -- peace and tranquility amidst traffic and high-end retailers.

Angkor Wat at sunrise.

The temples in Cambodia were overtaken by jungle until they were rediscovered in 1860. The jungle hasn't completely given up either.

Karla makes head #5 for some Naga (serpents) in Chiang Mai.

Up Simba! This guy ate everything in sight.

We support our local Phuket elephant statue salesperson! The 2004 tsunami wiped out this beach.

Floating at Ko Phi Phi -- the most buoyant water I can recall swimming in.

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back!

And great pics!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

dude, the second trip was when I went to Japan (Turkey being my first trip). Not sure of your point there dude...

Also, I failed to mention the repeated rounds of explosive diarrhea I endured over there. Let's just say it's nice to be back on solid street.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home