Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Close Call

After two days of driving to work in postcard perfect California weather (work responsibilities, alas), today I was back on the bike. It was a nice morning, cool but not cold, cloudy but not rainy. On the way I surpassed the 2000-mile mark, which ain't bad for eight months of bike ownership.

Upon arriving at work I went into the bathroom to change, as is the custom. I soon realized that I had forgotten a crucial piece of my daily attire, one that Cosmo Kramer once eschewed for personal reason but one that most of us, thankfully, wear. As I wear bike shorts on my ride, I pack this garmet separately, and today, after a few days off, I forgot.

Which is precisely why, for the past five months, I've kept a supersecret backup pair stuffed in the bottom of my filing cabinet. My coworkers thank me, I'm sure...

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, I have a bottle of Triple Sec in the bottom of my filing cabinet, which I plan to save for a special occasion!

Glad you kept your underpants on for Team Onstream!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

I may have forgotten a shirt once or twice at Onstream, but never the underpants. Ah, the days before bike shorts, when times were simpler...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home