Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rocket Blows Up

Lonny Baxter, who helped the Maryland Terps win the NCAA title in 2002 (on my birthday!) and also starred on my high school basketball team, was just arrested for shooting a gun near the White House.

Now I agree with Lonny on sentiment. Who hasn't felt the urge to go down to Pennsylvania Ave. and talk some sense into that moron-in-chief? But guns are clearly incredibly stupid. Not that Lonny was dumb, but I think it took him six years to get through high school.

But man, you shoulda seen our basketball team back in '96. Alley-oops and dunks and blocked shots to the rafters on a regular basis. It was awesome. And Lonny (aka LB), clearly the best player, was fat and lazy and out of shape! Which is why we got waxed in the first round of the playoffs.

I think you could dig out an accurate metaphor for Lonny's life in that last paragraph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home