Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Death By Pothole

No thanks to a secret pothole recently installed by the good people at Presidio construction, this morning my trusty computer sensor flew off the front tire of my bicycle. Despite backtracking to the scene of the crime, I was unable to locate a tiny piece of plastic amidst several large holes and cracks covered in gravel. What a shock!

Final totals for computer #1 - since I bought my bike last June (and with a couple of brief outages):

294 hours and 51 minutes spent riding my bike
4128 miles covered
Top speed: about 46 mph
Three punctured rear tires
ZERO punctured front tires
One completely worn-out brake line
One Napa Century
One circumnavigation of Lake Tahoe
A couple hundred rides to work and back

RIP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home