Friday, March 18, 2005

The Launch

Well, in four weeks of listening to Launch at work, I've racked up 1,332 ratings, earning the ranking of Fanatic. Not bad, but no match for 'Dean' Scott Alter, who takes the musical cake with over 10,000 rankings as a Ratings Master. My next job, starting Monday, will probably not feature expensive padded headphones as much as this one, and I'll probably lay off the Launch there.

Still, it's an awesome product. Thanks to the ratings system, which Launch uses to recommend music to me that listeners with my taste also enjoy, I've discovered that:

Life is always better with reggae.
I love Ludacris.
I don't like country as much as I thought (although I sure do like Brooks & Dunn).
Ella Fitzgerald gets old.
GNR still kick ass. As does Bobby Brown.
Alternative rock is generally terrible. Definitely don't miss HFS, or the overrated HFStival. (With the exception of punk, which roucks.)

4 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm up to 10,800. Oh yeah!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HFS actually recently became a spanish music channel. They couldn't keep up with DC101. - C$

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

i know dude! that's why i said i don't miss it! viva el mega!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Appetite for Destruction kicks ass. Everything they put out after that album pales in comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home