Thursday, June 30, 2005

Seinfelded

Last night I stumbled across the rare Seinfeld episode that I either haven't seen or can't remember very well. It's the one where George is eating a lot of shrimp in a meeting and this jerk tells him that the sea called and they're looking for all their shrimp. George spends some time thinking up a comeback and shows up at the next Yankees meeting with a tub of shrimp, but learns that the jerk has been fired and now works in Akron. Undeterred, George flies out to Akron, sets up a bogus meeting with the jerk's new company, brings along the tub of shrimp and fires his comeback: "The jerk store called, and they're looking for you."

Then the jerk says back: "It doesn't matter, because you're their biggest seller."

Then George says: "I had sex with your wife!"

Needless to say, I was on the floor.

Anyhow, this morning we had a meeting with a new client in the seafood industry...and for a brief, laugh-stifling chunk of it, all I could think about was how funny it would be if there was a tub of shrimp on the table and if somebody accused somebody else of having sex with their wife.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His wife is in a coma. That one's a classic. I saw the Kenny Rogers' Roaster one the other day, comic gold.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

That one is classic. Alot of good lines. "I'm going with jerk store!"

I enjoy when Newman is forced to eat the broccoli and calls it a vile weed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home