Wednesday, November 16, 2005

SF Self-Righteousness Factory, or Time to Move?

My girlfriend sent me this email after she moved the car this morning for street sweeping:

Some jackass(es) left notes on the car criticizing the parking job. One even said "sh*t happens to cars that park like this."

I was thinking of papering the power lines with the following message: To the person who feels compelled to leave threatening notes criticizing parking jobs: We've all lamented wasted space. Please consider that parking depends on the position of the car in front of you (or, as in the parking job you felt compelled to critique, the parking job of the person blocking the driveway behind you).

By the way: your high horse called. He wants you to get off.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Seriously, who has nothing better to do with their lives than to leave notes on cars criticizing the way people park? That shit happened to me up here in Sacto, but I just chalked it up to a small town mindset who doesn't have the experience of severely limited parking.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

I dunno, I get pissed off when other people park stupidly too, but I parked in a dumb way because somebody else did first and there was no other way to do it. it's ridiculous that i was threatened for that.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Threatened? What is he going to do, beat you with his morning vegan loaf? Shoot, it might hurt given that a vegan loaf is hard and all.

I mean, I love to get uppity when someone parks badly, and I have told people who are actually sitting in the car that maybe they should move, but it's not like you can do anything about it when the car is parked. There are better things to do!

There's a chance we may wind up in Atlanta ... do they do that stuff down there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home