Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Architectural Idiocy

It was cold last night. I wore a sweatshirt to bed. There was frost on the ground this morning. I overheard homeless people in the park discussing the warming effects of vodka. I even busted out my long pants for my ride in -- the first time I've done so this year -- and still I was chattering as I pulled in to work.

Then I went to the bathroom to change into work clothes. (Sorry all -- Spandex at the office don't fly.) My office is basically a remodeled California-style school, so I have to go outside to get to the bathroom. The actual bathroom itself has vents at the top and no heating, which means that when it's 40 degrees outside it's 40 degrees in the bathroom. Needless to say, I shivered into my clothes, and then discovered that the hot water doesn't work.

Three cups of tea later, I started to feel my hands again. Ugh....

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

My office is similar. You have to go outside to get to the restrooms, but at least our restrooms have HVAC. It's bearable in the summer, but the winter sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home