Monday, November 06, 2006

I Will Never Support Those Chokers Again

Rumor has it that the Oakland A's are moving to Fremont.

Many of you might be asking yourself where Fremont is. And despite living in the Bay Area for nearly 4 1/2 years, I can't help you. I have no idea where Fremont is, except that it's in the East Bay and on the end of one of the BART lines. I can't think of any reason to go to Fremont. As far as I know, Fremont consists of suburban hell.

This is a terrible, terrible, terrible move for the A's. The city of Oakland ain't exactly a diamond, but there are nice areas and at least Oakland has a little character. Jack London lived in Oakland; the A's won the World Series here; the Raiders used to be fantastic; they've got world-class jazz venues and funky theaters. Former CA governor, presidential hopeful, and future CA attorney general, Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, is the mayor.

Fremont's got nothin.

Down with Fremont! And down with the Athletics for this soulless move to surburbanized boredom!

(But I will miss the Big Hurt)



PS Remember to vote. Unless you're a Republican.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

I heard on the news that if they do move to Fremont, they might be called the Silicon Valley Athletics. VERY Lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home