Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Peeved

On my way in to work this morning I must have seen at least three idiots riding their bike on the sidewalk. This really annoys me, as when I'm a pedestrian you never know if these numskulls, who are more often than not high on crack, will slam into me. I hate people who ride their bikes on the sidewalk, I hereby declare it my number one pet peeve.

Which got me thinking--people have some pretty funny pet peeves. My girlfriend, for example, refuses to consume food or liquid in a plastic container. She eschews tupperware, and prefers to put leftovers in ceramic bowls and cover them in plastic wrap. I don't like that plasticy tuppertaste either, but she's a fascist about it and even bought these weird glass jars from Ikea to store food. Weird.

Also, I recently met a dude who hates it when they check your receipt upon leaving a store, like Costco or Best Buy. His thinking is that he just paid them a lot of money and the least they can do is let him walk out of the store without treating him like a criminal, so he does his best to ignore/dodge the receipt-checkers who then must ironically treat him like a criminal because he's behaving like one. A good pet peeve though--I approve.

Audience participation time--any other crazy peeves out there?

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger soce said...

My biggest pet peeve is when people initially return my emails and phone calls and then they suddenly stop returning them, especially if they stop because they're upset with me. Especially if I'm really into them. There's no problem that we can't work out through frank discussion.

That was sort of a more serious pet peeve.. oh well--

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

scoe, some people are just flakes and suck. frank discussion sadly can't change everyone...

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my peeve. I've already mentioned this, and I feel strongly about it. It's taken me a long time to get over it. I hate it when I put gravy on my mashed potatoes and somehow it escapes the little pit I've dug in my mashed potatoes and gets on the other kinds of food. It's terrible. If only the gravy could stay put, because it's good on the potatoes but not so good on the meat. Good gravy! Literally!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Steve Cleary said...

1. Travel unsavvy people who wait until the aisle is empty to grab their stuff out of the overhead.
2. Slobs who gather at the very edge of the baggage claim waiting for their luggage.
3. Aggregate rubber-necking causing 45 minute traffic delays for someone changing their tire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home