Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rock N' Homo

Turns out Jimi Hendrix told the army he was gay to get out of the army. Can you blame him? If that's all it takes to dodge the draft, why did so many people run to Canada? Not that I'm against serving my country, but if I didn't have terrible vision (which I'm confident would get me out of the running pretty quickly) I'd immediately start wearing tight clothes and listening to Madonna if it means I could avoid going to Iraq.

How much proof does the military need? A french kiss? Heavy petting? Leather pants?

Why don't more people pretend to be gay to get out of the military? I'd imagine it has something to do with the "moral values" that involve discrimination against homosexuals held by many of the demographics more interested in joining the military (red staters).

As for me, I think we're all better off because Jimi didn't waste his time in the army, and, if I'm ever called in, I hope to impress doubters with my artistic output as well.

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger RTO Trainer said...

If you don't have a problem serving, why would you have a problem going to Iraq?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

couple of reasons:

1. I really do have a problem serving (that was sarcasm)
2. Iraq is a stupid war that I'm not willing to risk my life for

If Hitler, slavery or Osama bin Laden were at stake, I think I could work through #1. But seeing as the war was based on lies (WMDs, connection to 9/11)AND the US continues to make headlines for torture and other deeply disgusting and embarassing missteps, I have no interest in getting involved.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Don't ask, don't tell.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger soce said...

I'm definitely going to tell them that I'm gay.. I'll friggin make out with the draft guys if I have to!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home