Monday, September 13, 2004

5th Time's the Charm

So my car was broken into again last week. That's the fifth time in the past year.

Time 1: My windshield was smashed
Time 2: Nothing stolen, but they messed up the lock and threw documents everywhere and the door was left open and it rained really hard and soaked the car
Time 3: Stole 30 CDs, mostly burned jazz with zero resale value
Time 4: Stole my stereo
Time 5: Left the door open, stole my crappy $6 portable shower stereo that I use in lieu of a real stereo.

Obviously I'm being targeted. The stupid part is that I keep nothing of value in the car. The car itself is a piece of shit 1990 Mazda 323 hatchback with a huge dent in the side. It has a resale value of approximately $300.

The weirdest part of this crime spree is, when I'm parked on a hill they don't rob me. When I park in a flat part, they get me. I guess that's because it's more difficult to push their shopping carts up hills...I do my best to park on hills, but SF parking being what it is sometimes I take a flat spot.

And usually I get screwed for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home