Friday, September 10, 2004

Sunday Showdown

The 2004 Redskins season starts on Sunday. And I'm torn.

Ever since Snyder bought the franchise, the Redskins are always one of the best teams, on paper, in August. And every single year we disappoint. Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Deion--you name it, every big name we bring in undershoots their potential.

While I can't help but be excited about Joe Gibbs, I must say that, due to recent seasons, I feel tentative fervor rather than all-out fervor this time around. The Redskins are one of the few teams I care about any more, and it sucks to admit that my enthusiasm is waning, even with a blockbuster coaching move.

Of course, if they win, everything changes.....


2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see an entry supporting your claim that the Redskins are 'one of the best teams on paper.' On paper, they look around 8-8.

I would rate them above average at RB, defensive secondary, and coaching; average at QB, and WR, and special teams; and below average at TE, and D-line below average (Arrington is sure to face a number of double-teams).

- MB

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

Dear dumbass punk, aka Marc Bush-

Above average coaching you say? How does the third highest winning percentage of a head coach ever strike you? That's right. .683, behind only Lombardi and Madden. Plus three Super Bowl rings. I won't even get started on Gregg Williams' and his history of defensive mastery. That's what I define as premier coaching, not "above average."

Average quarterback? Ninth highest rating quarterback of all time (Brunell), and a very impressive 3rd year player (Ramsey), not to mention a pretty fuckin good Hasselbeck (Matt). If that's not above average, what is?

You fail to mention the linebackers. I guess that's because they're too awesome to be put into words. Lavar Arrington knocked Troy Aikman into retirement, remember. If you don't watch out, you're next.

Our D-line stinks, I agree. But I'm glad they didn't burn a ton of money on the Kearse, and hopefully they'll find a way to put it together.

The Redskins will 1) spank your Giants into submission 2) Beat Dallas at least once and 3) steal one from crybaby TO and his gang of retards in Philly.

However, this is all on paper. As was the gist of the blog entry, there's a strong chance they'll screw it up like usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home