Thursday, September 09, 2004

Novel #2--Underway

To keep the #2 theme going between posts, I'd like to announce that I've begun writing my second novel and am enjoying it immensely.

BUT MATT, you say, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU'D WRITTEN A FIRST NOVEL!! WHERE CAN I BUY IT? WILL YOU AUTOGRAPH MY BREAST?

Novel #1 is currently under review by a team of readers, whose comments I will incorporate into later drafts. Don't worry folks, I intend to get novel #1 (tentatively titled Favors) out to market as fast as I can. Rest assured, there will be plenty of announcements here!

However, it gets a little old reading the same 350 pages over and over again, dealing with the same characters, fixing and troubleshooting, tweaking and tightening. I've been working on some other projects for various websites, including rouckonline.com and jackasscollege.com, and I've even drafted a few nonfiction pieces I may submit to other places. But let's face it--facts, and fact-checking, take a lot of the pizzazz out of stories. I could write another short story, but come on--who actually likes to read short stories? I don't. Nothing happens in most of them, and I almost never finish.

On to something new, bold, fresh: Novel #2! If you have any good story ideas, post your comments!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, why not a futuristic novel about a guy who must complete a series of challenges aboard a space age rocket ship. Each completion brings him closer to his goal in the center of the ship, a righteous babe.

The name of the ship: The RelationShip!

It could be a metaphor for the trials involved in making any relationship succeed! Genius!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Matt Stewart said...

Dude, thanks for the rouckin idea!

Pulitzer Prize, here I come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home